Chapter 1 – Safety in our Boston Offices
As the City of Boston seems to wake from hibernation, Synergy has taken the following steps to ensure that our offices are safe places to work in the world of COVID.
- It is more important than ever for employees to feel safe in their office environment. We currently have MERV 11 air filters on all of our handlers and some interior recycling units which represents the highest level of filtration without compromising equipment performance.
- Synergy Building Air Changes are maintained between 6 to 8 times per hour which is approximately double the industry norm for office spaces.
- We maintain an aggressive Preventative Maintenance program that meets or exceeds all ASHRAE and CDC requirements. All air handling equipment filters are inspected quarterly and changed as needed with all coils and pans kept clean and well drained. Domestic water systems are kept operational and flushed as part of these routine building inspections.
- Buildings are staffed with dedicated building engineers to ensure proper operation of all building systems.
- Deep cleanings are performed on all common areas and restrooms by our certified sanitation vendors.
- Third party security and our dedicated electronic access control systems manage the traffic in and out of the buildings, while all visitors are documented for contract tracing purposes.
- These steps seems basic, but are all necessary to meet our goal of helping our tenants and their employees return to their offices as safely as possible so that they are able to focus on their core businesses.